Outreach Home Volunteer OpportunitiesOutreach Events
Church of the Incarnation parishioners join together each year in the tradition of reaching out into the community through a one day large-scale group volunteer activity. Projects include painting, landscaping, and remodeling at a community school or other non-profit organization. This is a wonderful opportunity for the whole family to get involved in helping others and making a difference in our community.
RECAP: AW SPENCE MIDDLE SCHOOL & TAG ACADEMY
On Saturday, March 29, 2014 more than 300 volunteers arrived at AW Spence Middle School to help bring life to its hallways and encouragement to its staff and students. Parishioners of all ages came to work hard and enjoy fellowship and made Incarnation’s annual Day of Service a huge success once again! Thank you for all of your hard work!
Here are some of the things we accomplished:
- Constructed 12 benches and 2 picnic tables
- Decorated the Community Liaison’s office, Clinic, Teacher’s Lounge, Front Office and Library
- Painted (2) 4-square games and a huge US Map in play area outside
- Hung 5 new school mascots for school spirit
- Planted 60 Rose bushes and 5 Cypress trees around the perimeter of the school
- Spread decomposed granite around outdoor portables to reduce mud flow
- Reorganized and moved 6 pallets of unused textbooks
- Painted numerous areas of the school purple and gold (school colors), including the cafeteria, gym, front entrance, hallway (leading to portables), library, clinic, and admissions office
- Created an art gallery and new trophy case out of the once unused trophy case
- Built 101 ft. of chain link fence for added security
- Transformed interior courtyard into usable space with: 3 new picnic tables, a freshly painted mural, and many flowers and trees
Our champions for Day of Service deserve many thanks for their tireless work and planning: Megan Rain, Gary Brown, and Jim Moomaw!
None of the projects could have been accomplished without the expertise and hard work of our team captains. Thank you for everything you did Rick Hayslett, Tom Hooper, David Carroum, Kimberly Chumlea, Joe Chumlea, Diane Laroe, Kathy Daume, Cathy Ammermann, Todd Ammermann, Nancy Gienger, Uli Gienger, Peter Overland, Anna Carlton, Kyle Carlton, Jim Wills, Jim Rain, Craig Johnson, Sam Kincaid, Barbara Kincaid, Pam Coghlan, Jean Barrow, Jim Barrow, and Libby Albritton.
Also, a special thanks to the Incarnation Foundation for their support in transforming the courtyard into a beautiful and usable space for students for years to come.
Incarnation consistently seeks to reach out to our neighbors and serve with humility and energy. If you would like to continue to serve in some way at AW Spence please contact Jacob Bottom (email).
Contact the Outreach office (email) if you would like to get involved or have questions about this ministry.