RECAP: Roseland Day of Service
“God is Good all the time; All the time God is Good”
Thank you to all who took part in, prayed for, and led our Roseland Day of Service on April 28! God provided in so many ways…He brought the right projects, leadership, volunteers, and beautiful weather. It was a glorious day shared by 500 volunteers from Central Dallas Church, Church of the Incarnation, Pilgrim Rest Missionary Baptist Church, St. Paul United Methodist, Dallas Housing Authority, Head Start preschool, Dallas Independent School District, and residents of the Roseland community.
Together we built relationships and worked side-by-side to enhance five locations in the Roseland community. Some highlights were:
- landscaping at 3 locations;
- building a pavilion;
- decorating lobbies and another room of Roseland Gardens and Renaissance Oaks;
- stenciling hallways in Roseland Gardens;
- painting the Head Start shed and sidewalk outside;
- improving storage and creating a new teacher resource room at Head Start;
- painting and decorating throughout Central Dallas Church;
- updating the Central Dallas Church kitchen and both bathrooms;
- filling in rose stencil, creating a new reading room, organizing storage at the ROSE;
- making 775 gift bags of which almost half will stay in the Roseland community;
- and many more projects!
We give a special thank you to the Champions who spent months planning Day of Service: Kathy Daume, Megan Rain, Nancy Gienger, Uli Gienger, Pastor Shawn Torres, Pastor Preston Weaver, Marva Epperson-Brown, and Sabrina Steward.