We want you and your family to feel welcomed and loved. The Children & Family Ministry strives to provide opportunities for Christian growth, service, and fellowship through high-quality programs and special events as well as opportunities for sharing faith at home. Together, we partner in the spiritual formation of your children. We hope that your family will connect, grow, and serve with us at Incarnation!
The nursery is available to care for children from infancy up to 2 years old between 9 am and 11:15 am services. Registration is not required, but please check in on the computer kiosks.
Discipleship: Journeying with Jesus
Sundays at 9 & 11:15 am for Pre-K through 2nd Grade
9 am, Education Building
- Pre-K children meet in classrooms on the 2nd Floor
- Kindergarten & older meet in the Room 029 (Theatre), Basement
11:15 am, Education Building
- Pre-K to 2nd grade children meet in classrooms on the 2nd Floor
Discipleship is a fun and engaging 30-minute children's program that teaches the Bible through liturgy, stories, and activities, and shares how we can all grow up to be like Jesus! DiscipleShip happens during the 9 and 11:15 am Sunday worship services. Drop your child(ren) off before the worship service, and after the program, a trained volunteer or staff member will bring your child(ren) back into the service where you are worshipping, before communion--so that you may take communion together as a family.
Sunday School Classes
Sundays at 10:20-11:05 am in the Fall & Spring, Education Building Classrooms
Pre-K – 1st Grade
Godly Play is a creative, imaginative approach to Christian formation and spiritual guidance built upon a Montessori foundation with over 40 years of research and practice. Each class values process, openness, discovery, community, and relationships while modeling the worship life, stories, symbols, and rituals of Christian congregations. Our young disciples develop relevant and personal theological meaning for their lives while cultivating larger dimensions of belief and faith through wondering and play.
First Communion Class
Take a year to study the sacrament of Holy Communion. The fall semester will focus on Bible stories where Jesus speaks to us during communion. The spring semester will focus on the Eucharistic Service.
3rd – 5th Grade Sunday School
Youth group setting for our older elementary kids to come and experience the salvation story by exploring the Old Testament, Advent & Christmas, the New Testament, Holy Week and Easter, and Post-Resurrection stories each year. These grades will meet together for the main teaching and then break out into small groups with table leaders where the focus is hands-on learning.
Health & Well-Being
The health and well-being of all children at Church of the Incarnation is a priority. To ensure that we are all working together to maintain a healthy environment, please follow the policies and procedures listed in the illness policy.
Church of the Incarnation Illness Policy
Please do not allow your child to attend the nursery or Sunday School, or we will call you to pick up your child if:
- The illness prevents the child from participating comfortably in nursery or Sunday school activities.
- The illness results in a greater need for care than our staff can provide without compromising the health, safety, and supervision of other students in their care.
- The child has any of the following symptoms: Temperature of 100.4 or greater, Signs and symptoms of illness such as lethargy, abnormal breathing, uncontrolled diarrhea, vomiting, a rash with fever, mouth sores with drooling, behavior changes, or other signs that a child may be severely ill.
Children must be medication and symptom-free for 24 hours before returning to the church Nursery or Sunday School.
Recommendations from the American Academy of Pediatrics-Committee on Infectious Diseases state that a child should remain home if any of the following conditions exist:
- Fever or Sore Throat
- Vomiting or Diarrhea
- Common Cold/Runny Nose from onset through one week
- Any unexplained rash
- Any Skin Infection— boils, ringworm, impetigo, etc..
- Pink eye or any other eye infection
- Symptoms of childhood diseases including
- Scarlet Fever
- German Measles
- Chicken Pox
- Whooping Cough