For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Hope for the Future
That is what we want North Dallas High School students to remember when they look back on graduating from high school in this very nontraditional season. These students have figured out how to overcome hurdles in their personal lives and keep up with an academic curriculum while working, playing sports, and surviving a world-wide pandemic – all for the sake of graduating on time.
We know of course that we are not self-made. We are but made by God and made better when we are together. Let us shine the light of Christ among these young adults as they celebrate their high school graduation by supporting them in one of three ways:
- On May 21 from 7-8 pm, join teachers and families of the senior class of 2020 at North Dallas High School to celebrate the graduates. Join mentors from Ladies of Leadership and Man Up mentoring programs at 6:30 to make posters and line up on the east side of McKinney to welcome families as they parade around the high school.
- Adopt a Senior on the North Dallas HS Adopt-A-2020-Senior Program Face Book Group. The senior profiles you see in this newsletter are of the young men and women whom you have already invested in from Ladies of Leadership and Man Up mentoring as well as Young Life. Whether you adopt a student we know or choose to adopt from the Facebook group, your support celebrates the bold steps to-date each student has taken to pursue the life they have always imagined.
Instructions from North Dallas HS Adopt-A-2020-Senior Program:
The goal of this program is to honor our Senior Class of 2020. They have worked diligently to get here, and we want to celebrate their achievements! Please thoroughly read the instructions below to participate.
Here are few tips to help you navigate through Facebook group page:
Scroll through the posts to find a senior you wish to support. You can use the “search this group” (search bar on left) to look for a particular school or interest (ex: softball). You can also change the top of your feed to search “recent posts” instead of the default “new activity” which also shows new comments.
Adopt a senior by commenting on the post that you want to “adopt” that senior. *There is no limit to the amount of students that you can adopt.* Then send a message to ask about your senior's favorites and to make arrangements for delivery. Some people have shopped locally and delivered gifts to the student’s front porch, and others have ordered items online and shipped directly to the student. Suggested items and ideas are listed below.
Our goal in this is to make every North Dallas senior feel celebrated and valued, as the end of their senior year looks much different than any of us expected. Please help us encourage and love them in this way!
- Please communicate with your adoptee within 48 hours of adopting.
- If you have questions about anything please contact a page administrator by direct message or email
- Alternatively, you can contribute $10-20 gift cards to fast food restaurants, Walmart, and Target to include in 200 senior celebration bags. Mail your gift cards to the attention of Outreach Senior Celebration at 3966 McKinney Ave. Dallas, TX 75204 no later than Saturday, May 23. Gift bags will be given to seniors on May 27 at a final graduation event.
- Become a mentor and befriend future graduates from North Dallas. Contact with any questions.